Yacht World has just published an article, Rapido 60 Trimaran Boat Review: A Bold Gamechanger For Performance Bluewater Cruising, by Zuzana Prochazka, dated 23 September, 2021.
The original article, in full can be viewed by clicking here. Five quotes are reproduced below.
- …the Rapido 60… has been touted as a couple’s boat for people who want to sail fast but still want to be comfortable and safe even when sailing with fewer crew aboard.
- To design this otherworldly machine (the designers of the Rapido 60, Morrelli & Melvin)…, pulled out all the high-tech design tools at their disposal including Finite Element Analysis, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Fluid Structure Interaction and the GOMBOC Velocity Prediction Program which they have a license to use. (It was developed for America’s Cup boat design.)
- All three hulls have watertight bulkheads. Critical areas where high load stress is expected (like cockpit door frames) are reinforced with carbon that adds strength but not at the expense of weight since an overbuilt boat is a slow boat. Interior furniture is constructed of a lightweight core and composite panels.
- The Rapido 60 is approximately half the weight of a 60-foot performance catamaran…
- For couple’s cruising, it’s a gamechanger.
To read the original article in Yacht World, click here.
- Note! The author of this article, Zuzana Prochazka has just done an extensive interview with Morrelli & Melvin about Rapido Trimarans. Her article is expected to be published in the US in six weeks’ time, in November 2021. Look forward to a fascinating and detailed insight into the design and engineering that is built into the Rapidos!
- Multihulls World Australia, Harnessing the wind, by Kevin Green. September / October 2021 issue, 6 page spread on Rapido Trimarans.
- Sailing La Vagabonde choose Rapido 60 to sail world’s oceans, video announcement to its 1.59 million subscribers, You Tube, 8 June 2021
- Rapido 60, THE ULTIMATE RACER-CRUISER; Clients on Romanza are turning heads on the racetrack when they’re not cruising at high speed, North Sails website, May 2021
- Making Short-handed Short Work – Onboard Rapido 60, Sail-World, February 2021
- Also, scroll through the News section of our website and you will see numerous stories about the Rapido 60 in New Zealand which showcase its performance.