- Length overall (LOA): 16.1m (53ft)
- Length of waterline (LWL): 15.2m (50ft)
- Beam overall (BOA): 10.36m (34ft)
- Freeboard: 1.67m (5.5ft)
- Daggerboard up: 0.67m (2.2ft)
- Daggerboard down: 3.94m (11.5ft)
- Average light displacement (subject to final options): 9,350kgs (20,613lbs)
- Headroom in saloon and cockpit: 2.0m (6.6')
- Headroom in forward cabin: 1.91m (6.27')
- Floats – Storage volume (at greatest dim.): 4.6m (L) x 1.1m (W) x 1.5m (H)
- Beneath cockpit – Storage volume (at greatest dim.): 1.3m (L) x 2.8m (W) x 1.2m (H)
- Air draft: 26.56m (87ft)
Download high resolution 53XS Layout drawing (11 May 2023)
- Main: 117m2 (1,259sqf)
- Asym Spin: 230m2 (2,476sqf)
- Reacher: 150m2 (1,615sqf)
- Jib / Solent: 73m2 (786 sqf)
- SA Staysail: 25m2 (268sqf)
The Rapido 53XS
The “Xtra Space” of the Rapido 53XS is for sailors requiring three cabins without unduly compromising performance.
Morrelli and Melvin have achieved this outcome in the XS by retaining the same efficient shape of the Rapido 50’s hull at the waterline level – and extending it. Above the waterline, she flares out to support an expansive deck at the cost of just 800kgs to the boat’s overall weight.
- No central dagger board: two C curve pre-preg carbon dagger boards,
one on each float hull
- No central rudder: twin fixed pre-preg carbon rudder blades, one on each float hull that extend to the lowest point of the main hull to facilitate access to shallow water.
- Three cabins / two heads / additional informal sleeping arrangements which ensure the sailing experience is generously shared.
This version is non folding.
Register you interest
To register your interest for updates on the Rapido53XS, email:
Trimarans are safe, powerful and fast as demonstrated by the fact that they consistently win races and hold the solo speed record for circumnavigating the world.
Safety at sea is the No. 1 priority and this thinking is reflected throughout the design and construction of the Rapido.
The Rapido has some truly amazing living spaces which provide more open, private and intimate areas than monohulls or catamarans.
Trimarans are comfortable on all points of sail.
The combination of safety, performance and comfort put the Rapido in a league of its own. The enormous trampoline nets add fun and excitement as you watch the blue water rush underneath you – or as you lounge on the nets while gently floating over a reef. You will be instantly hooked.
– in the media
Below is a list of articles which have appeared in various publications regarding Rapido Trimarans.
- C-foils on a fast cruising trimaran? This looks rapid!, Rapido 40 tour, Yachting World magazine video by Toby Hodges, 8 September 2023
- Rapido 40: The Alternative Trimaran, by François-Xavier de Crécy with photos by Ludovic Fruchaud, LE MONDE DU MULTICOQUE #24 by Voile Magazine. July, 2024.
- The Rapido 40 is a 20 knot cruising tri, George Day, Cruising Compass, 24 May, 2023
- Boat Review of Rapido 40, Zuzana Prochazka, Sail Magazine, 4 May 2023
- Rapido 40: ultra fast cruising in complete safety on three hulls, Maxime Leriche, SailboatNews.com, 25 April 2023
- Boat anomaly: Rapido 40 Trimaran, No Frills Sailing, 19 April 2023
- Rapido 40 – Fast, foldable and worry free!, Multihulls World magazine, No. 189, May-July 2023
- Shipyard Focus: Rapido Trimarans, by Kevin Green, Multihulls World, August / September 2022.
- Rapido, changing the game, by Zuzana Prochazka, Sail Magazine, 23 March, 2022
- Rapido 40: A livable sailboat for cruising on 3 hulls, Briag Merlet, Sailboat News, 23 February 2022.
- Rapido, changing the game, (takes a detailed look at the cutting edge design and technology of Morrelli & Melvin) by Zuzana Prochazka, Multihull Sailor, December 2021
- Boat Review: Rapido 50, Kevin Green, Boating New Zealand, November 2021
- Harnessing Speed, by Kevin Green, Boating New Zealand, November 2021
- Rapido 60 Trimaran Boat Review: A Bold Gamechanger For Performance Bluewater Cruising, by Zuzana Prochazka, Yacht World, 23 September, 2021.
- Harnessing the wind, by Kevin Green, Multihulls World, September / October 2021 issue, 6 page spread on Rapido Trimarans.
- Sailing La Vagabonde choose Rapido 60 to sail world’s oceans, video announcement by SLV to their 1.59 million subscribers, You Tube, 8 June 2021
- The Ultimate Racer-Cruiser: Clients on Romanza are turning heads on the racetrack when they’re not cruising at high speed, North Sails, 19 April, 2021
- Making Short-handed Short Work – Onboard Rapido 60, Anna Merchant, Sail-World, 11 February 2021
- Rapido 50 News from the Shipyards, Multihulls World, 2 February 2021
- Buyers’ Guide 2021, Rapido 50, Multihulls World, 18 December 2020
- “New breed” Rapido 40 & 50, Yachting World magazine, November 2020
- Cruising Helmsman reviews Rapido 60, October 2020
- Romanza takes top spot in Yates Cup, SEA Yachting magazine, September 2020
- Rapido Trimarans relocates production arm into Vietnam, SEA Yachting magazine, Nov/Dec 2019.
- Rapido Trimarans, On the March, Seahorse Magazine, October 2019.
- (French) Rapido 40, un trimaran repliable de 12 m, Bateaux.com, 29 August 2019.
- Rapido 60 – The most exciting production multihull in the world? (or click here for selection of quotes), Multihulls Magazine, Summer (July) 2019.
- Rapido, Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, June 2019 (pp23-24)
- Ineffable’s Steve Bourne: I’m a nutter for sailing, Daily Herald, 26 February 2019.
- Rapido 60′ the fastest production multihull in the world?, International Multihulls World, December 2017
- RAPIDO 60’ : Le multicoque de série habitable le plus rapide du monde?, Multihulls World, 23 November 2017
- Finding Mrs Right, Boating New Zealand, August 2016
- Blue Water Cruising Trimaran, Australian Multihulls World, August 2016
- Rapido 60, Cruising World, 25 August, 2016
- Rapido 60, by Emma Bamford, Sailing Today.