(For more photos of the Rapido 50, visit our photo gallery.
- Length overall (LOA): 15.24m (50′ 9")
- Length of waterline (LWL): 14.96m (49′ 1")
- Beam overall (BOA): 10.38m (34′ 1")
- Displacement: 8,200kgs (18,078lbs)
- BOA (folded): 5.5m (18′ 1") (59′ 5")
- BOA (float to float CL): 9.32m (30′ 7")
- Freeboard: 1.60m (5′ 3")
- T (board up) 0.67m (2′ 2")
- T (board down): 3.52m (11′ 7")
- Mast Height above DWL: 24.7m (81′)
- Download the Rapido 50 General Specifications (30 March 2021)
- SA Main: 95m2 (1,023sqf)
- SA Solent: 54m2 (581sqf)
- SA Staysail: 18m2 (194sqf)
- SA Reacher: 125m2 (1,345sqf)
- SA Asym Spin: 160m2 (1,722sqf)
- Click to download in pdf format, Rapido 50 Sail Plan (29Aug19) (ed)
4D Virtual Tour
The Rapido 50 – The World’s Ultimate Folding Cruising Trimarans
Every exceptional product needs a source of inspiration. For the all-new Rapido 50, that source has been the Rapido 60 which has proven herself to be an exceptional trimaran for:
- Podium performances
- Fast passage-making
- Classic cruising
- Couples; and
Critically, the Rapido 60’s DNA can be found throughout the Rapido 50. But where the Rapido 50 sharply differentiates herself is that she has the ability to fold the floats to slip into single berths at marinas.
Video above: Rapido 50, Hull #01 has first sail. Mallorca, Spain, June 2021. Click here for more details.
Advantages of the Rapido 50’s folding system
Summary of Rapido 50
Download these pdf files
- Rapido 50 Interior Arrangement (24 July 2018)
- Rapido 50 Sail Plan (29 August 2019)
- Rapdio 50 General Specifications (5 November 2020)
- Rapido 50 General Arrangement, click here (24 July 2018).
Further details – Rapido 50
Trimarans are safe, powerful and fast as demonstrated by the fact that they consistently win races and hold the solo speed record for circumnavigating the world.
Safety at sea is the No. 1 priority and this thinking is reflected throughout the design and construction of the Rapido.
The Rapido has some truly amazing living spaces which provide more open, private and intimate areas than monohulls or catamarans.
Trimarans are comfortable on all points of sail.
The combination of safety, performance and comfort put the Rapido in a league of its own. The enormous trampoline nets add fun and excitement as you watch the blue water rush underneath you – or as you lounge on the nets while gently floating over a reef. You will be instantly hooked.
look inside the 50
– in the media
Below is a list of articles which have appeared in various publications regarding Rapido Trimarans.
- The Ultimate Cruiser Racer, North Sails, 19 April, 2021
- Making Short-handed Short Work – Onboard Rapido 60, Anna Merchant, Sail-World, 11 February 2021
- Rapido 50 News from the Shipyards, Multihulls World, 2 February 2021
- Buyers’ Guide 2021, Rapido 50, Multihulls World, 18 December 2020
- “New breed” Rapido 40 & 50, Yachting World magazine, November 2020
- Cruising Helmsman reviews Rapido 60, October 2020
- Romanza takes top spot in Yates Cup, SEA Yachting magazine, September 2020
- Rapido Trimarans relocates production arm into Vietnam, SEA Yachting magazine, Nov/Dec 2019.
- Rapido Trimarans, On the March, Seahorse Magazine, October 2019.
- (French) Rapido 40, un trimaran repliable de 12 m, Bateaux.com, 29 August 2019.
- Rapido 60 – The most exciting production multihull in the world? (or click here for selection of quotes), Multihulls Magazine, Summer (July) 2019.
- Rapido, Cruising Yacht Club of South Australia, June 2019 (pp23-24)
- Ineffable’s Steve Bourne: I’m a nutter for sailing, Daily Herald, 26 February 2019.
- Rapido 60′ the fastest production multihull in the world?, International Multihulls World, December 2017
- RAPIDO 60’ : Le multicoque de série habitable le plus rapide du monde?, Multihulls World, 23 November 2017
- Rapido 50, Robert H. Perry, Sailing Magazine, 1 October 2017
- Finding Mrs Right, Boating New Zealand, August 2016
- Blue Water Cruising Trimaran, Australian Multihulls World, August 2016
- Rapido 60, Cruising World, 25 August, 2016
- Rapido 60, by Emma Bamford, Sailing Today.