Romanza has won the 230nm Yates Cup in the Hauraki Gulf New Zealand which was held from 17-18 July 2020.
In this video, Romanza’s Skipper and Co-owner, Dougall Love, provides several update reports during the race.
Yates Cup 2020: The Numbers
- 26 Starters; 230nm
- Nine (35%) withdrawals (broken gear (incl. two TP52s) / seasick)
- 1st turning point: Romanza leads by 1.5 hours
- 2nd turning point: Romanza leads by 2.5 hours
- Greatest Lead: 3.5 hours
- Slowest Speed: Last 10 miles took 4 hours (no wind). Drifted across finish line with support of currents
- Finishing Time: 24h 16m 45s
- 2nd boat: 1.5 hours behind Romanza
- To view the article, Romanza triumphs in New Zealand’s 2020 Yates Cup, click here.
- Yates Cup 2020 footage (taken on Romanza): Dougall Love (Skipper and co owner).
- Drone file footage of Romanza in Hauraki Gulf: Rapido Trimarans.
- Tracker footage of Yates Cup: Royal Akarana Yacht Club
- Voice: Dougall Love
- Purple Planet: https://www.purple-planet.com/