- LOA: 12.00m
- LWL: 11.96m
- BOA: 8.30m
- BOA (folded): 4.60m
- BOA (float to float CL): 7.45m
- Freeboard: 1.50m
- T board up: 0.56m
- T board down: 1.40m
- Displacement (light): 4.00t
- Displacement (max): 5.00t
- SA Main: 76m2
- SA Solent: 43m2
- SA Staysail: 14.4m2
- SA Reacher: 100m2
- SA Asym Spin: 128m2
- Max – 19.8m (65’) *
- Mast Length Max – 17m
- Mast Height above DWL – 19.3m
* Note: The design is for an ocean-going boat, built to CE Category A standards.
The mast height is capped at 65ft above the water so that it fits under all the bridges in intracoastal waterways.
The Rapido 40 – The World’s Ultimate Folding Cruising Trimaran
The Rapido 40 Trimaran, due to be launched in 2020, will open the Rapido experience to a far wider group of people.
World acclaimed designers, Morrelli & Melvin have begun designing a Rapido 40 which will become the benchmark of the mid range size.
Naturally, the Rapido 40 will be built by our exclusive builder, Triac Composites.
A FOLDING MECHANISM FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
To enable easy and more affordable single-berthing at the marina, the R40 will be a folding trimaran (folding the outer floats (amas) up against the centre hull) – but with an important difference. The R40 will feature a folding mechanism for the 21st Century.
The R40 will introduce a remarkable engineering solution to two age-old problems typically associated with folding trimarans; namely, the folding mechanism will:
- Not compromise the boat’s stability; and
- Actually keep the floats in the upright position. Say goodbye to weeds, algae and barnacles growing on the sides!
Further details – Rapido 40
Trimarans are safe, powerful and fast as demonstrated by the fact that they consistently win races and hold the solo speed record for circumnavigating the world.
Safety at sea is the No. 1 priority and this thinking is reflected throughout the design and construction of the Rapido.
The Rapido 40 has some truly amazing living spaces which provide more open, private and intimate areas than monohulls or catamarans.
Trimarans are comfortable on all points of sail.
The combination of safety, performance and comfort put the Rapido in a league of its own. The enormous trampoline nets add fun and excitement as you watch the blue water rush underneath you – or as you lounge on the nets while gently floating over a reef. You will be instantly hooked..
look inside the
Trimarans in the media
Below is a list of articles which have appeared in various publications regarding Rapido Trimarans.
- Rapido Trimarans relocates production arm into Vietnam, SEA Yachting magazine, Nov/Dec 2019.
- Rapido Trimarans, On the March, Seahorse Magazine, October 2019.
- (French) Rapido 40, un trimaran repliable de 12 m, Bateaux.com, 29 August 2019.
- Rapido 60 – The most exciting production multihull in the world? (or click here for selection of quotes), Multihulls Magazine, Summer (July) 2019.
- Ineffable’s Steve Bourne: I’m a nutter for sailing, Daily Herald, 26 February 2019.
- Rapido 60′ the fastest production multihull in the world?, International Multihulls World, December 2017
- RAPIDO 60’ : Le multicoque de série habitable le plus rapide du monde?, Multihulls World, 23 November 2017
- Finding Mrs Right, Boating New Zealand, August 2016
- Blue Water Cruising Trimaran, Australian Multihulls World, August 2016
- Rapido 60, Cruising World, 25 August, 2016
- Rapido 60, by Emma Bamford, Sailing Today.