- Length overall (LOA): 15.24m
- Length of waterline (LWL): 14.96m
- Beam overall (BOA): 10.38m
- BOA (folded): 5.5m
- BOA (float to float CL): 9.32 m
- Freeboard: 1.60m
- T (board up) 0.67m
- T (board down): 3.52m
- Displacement (light): 6.55t
- Displacement (max): 8.40t
- Mast Height above DWL: 22.98m
The Rapido 50 – The World’s Ultimate Folding Cruising Trimarans
When the idea to make the Rapido 50 a folding trimaran was first suggested, our initial reaction was, “ARE YOU CRAZY??”.
But after consulting with Pete Melvin from our designers, Morelli & Melvin, we thought, “Why not!”. After all, our management team has built more folding trimarans than anyone else in the world and if anyone understands the challenges and how to do it right, we do!
The folding mechanism will add a small amount to the initial cost but the ability to park the boat in any marina that accepts monohulls will make it all worthwhile and the payback will be huge!
Advantages of the Rapido 50’s folding system
Download these pdf files
Further details – Rapido 50
Trimarans are safe, powerful and fast as demonstrated by the fact that they consistently win races and hold the solo speed record for circumnavigating the world.
Safety at sea is the No. 1 priority and this thinking is reflected throughout the design and construction of the Rapido.
The Rapido has some truly amazing living spaces which provide more open, private and intimate areas than monohulls or catamarans.
Trimarans are comfortable on all points of sail.
The combination of safety, performance and comfort put the Rapido in a league of its own. The enormous trampoline nets add fun and excitement as you watch the blue water rush underneath you – or as you lounge on the nets while gently floating over a reef. You will be instantly hooked..
look inside the
– in the media
Below is a list of articles which have appeared in various publications regarding Rapido Trimarans.
- Rapido Trimarans relocates production arm into Vietnam, SEA Yachting magazine, Nov/Dec 2019.
- Rapido Trimarans, On the March, Seahorse Magazine, October 2019.
- (French) Rapido 40, un trimaran repliable de 12 m, Bateaux.com, 29 August 2019.
- Rapido 60 – The most exciting production multihull in the world? (or click here for selection of quotes), Multihulls Magazine, Summer (July) 2019.
- Ineffable’s Steve Bourne: I’m a nutter for sailing, Daily Herald, 26 February 2019.
- Rapido 60′ the fastest production multihull in the world?, International Multihulls World, December 2017
- RAPIDO 60’ : Le multicoque de série habitable le plus rapide du monde?, Multihulls World, 23 November 2017
- Finding Mrs Right, Boating New Zealand, August 2016
- Blue Water Cruising Trimaran, Australian Multihulls World, August 2016
- Rapido 60, Cruising World, 25 August, 2016
- Rapido 60, by Emma Bamford, Sailing Today.